Terms and conditions of boarding
- On arrival your pet will be registered with us if this is a first stay or their details checked for any updates if they are a returning guest
- All dogs must arrive in a safe manner on a lead.
- All dogs must wear a securely fitted collar with ID tag.
- It is a legal requirement for all dogs to be micro-chipped.
- You agree to deliver your dog in a clean, groomed condition. If your dog requires regular grooming you agree to provide appropriate grooming equipment.
- You agree to provide enough food for the duration of your dog’s stay.
Please do not bring food bowls as we provide these.
- You agree to bring your dog’s own clean bedding.
- All dogs must have up to date vaccinations including distemper, kennel cough, hepatitis,
parvovirus, leptospirosis and any other veterinary approved and recommended disease
protection at the time of boarding.
Up to date certificate must be produced on arrival. Original certificates – not copies.
Boarding will be refused if vaccinations are not up to date.
Please note that the ‘kennel cough’ vaccine does not give 100% protection and the owner
takes full responsibility for this, we will not be held liable if your pet catches kennel cough.
- If your pet has any existing medical condition, any medication they need should be supplied
by you with clear written instructions. If the medication runs out you agree for us to purchase
further supplies on your behalf and for you to reimburse us for any expenses incurred.
- We reserve the right to contact a veterinary surgeon should we feel the need arises. We will
do our best to contact you, or other emergency contact provided by you, first. Should we not
be able to speak with you, or your representative, we assume the right to make decisions
in the best interests of your dog.
- You agree to accept responsibility for payment of any veterinary fees incurred.
- We do not board dogs under 6 months old and over 14 years old.
- We do not board dogs registered under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991.
- You agree to make full disclosure of any behaviour or characteristic problems which might
make your dog unsuitable for home boarding or walking. These include aggression towards
humans or dogs, health problems, incontinence or lack of house training, destructive
behaviour, separation anxiety, excessive loud barking or whining and any other anti-social
- Failure on your part to disclose any matter which might render your dog unsuitable for our
services will be deemed a fundamental breach of the boarding agreement.
- By taking up our services you accept full liability for the behaviour of your dog, for any vets
fees or damage costs incurred as a result of your dog’s behaviour whilst in our home or while
being walked or in the care of Pause4Paws. This includes any third party claims associated
with your pet whilst he/she is in our care.
- A deposit of £50 (for a full week) or £25 (for part week) will be required upon booking.
- Bookings will not be confirmed until the deposit has been paid, when a confirmation email
will be sent to you.
- Submission of a booking form will confirm the owner/s acceptance of Pause4Paws terms and
conditions and their desire to board their dog with us.
- Payment in full is to be made on or before collection of your dog at the end of boarding period
and may be paid in cash, cheque (payable to J K Ashley) or electronic bank transfer
- The client will be responsible for any charges incurred due to unpaid cheques.
- Any extra time expended due to pet emergencies may increase the total cost of payment.
Also any additional costs needed to continue duties (e.g. dog food) will be added to your bill.
- We are fully insured with Cliverton Insurance for public liability with care custody and control extension liability to animals, however this insurance does not cover any illness of your pet. It is recommended, but not essential, that clients take out their own veterinary insurance and provide details for our records.
Please click on one of the above headings for our terms and conditions.
We will happily make an appointment to meet your dog before its holiday stay.
We agree to give your dog a one to one, home from home holiday experience.
We are confident your dog(s) will enjoy their time with Pause4Paws and have plenty of exercise, fun, fussing and socialisation
If you would like to download and print these terms and conditions, please click here